Why Use Custom Cabinetry?trustone3
Why Use Custom Cabinetry?
Are you planning on a kitchen remodeling project for your home this summer? If so, one of the decisions you will undoubtedly be making is whether to use factory direct custom cabinetry or production line cabinetry. It is an important decision, that’s for sure.
Most homeowners are going to choose production line cabinetry because it’s a cheaper way to go. That’s understandable. In a tight economy, when people have less disposable income to spend on home remodeling or room additions, budget constraints need to be adhered to. However, if you have just a little extra to spend, we recommend you give serious consideration to factory direct custom cabinetry.
Custom cabinetry offers many advantages over production line products. Here are just a few of them:
• Incredible Designs – The beauty of custom cabinetry is that it can be designed specifically for your kitchen and your unique needs. If you want your cabinets to focus around the way you do things in the kitchen, that’s no problem. What’s more, custom cabinetry providers usually offer free designs and estimates with no obligations attached.
• Custom Counter Tops – Along with cabinets, consumers who choose custom materials can get counter tops not normally sold with production line cabinetry. For example, granite and quartz fabrication can provide a stunningly beautiful counter surface that is also tough and durable. Custom cabinetry includes other counter top options like concrete, stainless steel, wood block, and more.
• Quality Craftsmanship – Perhaps the biggest difference between custom cabinetry and production line materials is the quality of craftsmanship. By definition, custom-made products are put together on a per customer basis by individual craftsman dedicated to that particular job. This usually results in a measurable improvement in quality. Production line cabinetry is made largely by machine with no consideration given to the individual project.
• Personal Service – At the time of installation, customers usually get personal service from a contractor whose reputation is intrinsically tied to the custom cabinetry. That contractor is going to do everything he can to make sure the customer is happy, or else he risks losing his association with the cabinetmaker. In some cases, the contractor is also the cabinetmaker. That’s even better!
• Solid Warranties – Whether you are doing a complete home remodeling or just redoing the kitchen, warranties are everything. When you choose custom cabinetry, you are likely to get a warranty that is a lot more solid than what you would get from a production line manufacturer. Skimping on warranties is not something you really want to do if you value your remodeling dollars.
Summertime is remodeling time. It is also the time to consider making the switch from production line cabinetry to factory direct custom cabinetry. It will breathe new life into your kitchen while adding value that will undoubtedly increase the sale price of your home when you are ready to sell.